Saturday 23 June 2012

Nearly done.. easy does it

I am sitting here keeping an eye on the code and reflecting on a near successful 14 day challenge and am feeling pretty chuffed. I have managed to cut dairy, bread, and meat out of my diet for 2 weeks. I haven't had a coffee in two and haif weeks. I haven't even had a beer. And I know for absolute certain my body has really appreciated the break.

There is definitely a change in the wind in my home now. When we did the family shop today we spent bugger all time in the aisles, and avoided all of the processed stuff, bar a couple of tinned items like chick peas and tomatoes. Spent some time at Veggie Boys in Dunedin today as well and saved a good $20 on fresh veggies. I would suggest checking them out. The fridge is fully stocked again and It is choice.

I have discovered that it is really easy to get into the habit of eating well if you give yourself the chance and stay focussed on what you're trying to achieve. Focusing on that objective (what ever that may be) in the face of pies and chips and chocolate has helped immensely. I urge you to give a week a go... and if you do make sure you get some time to prepare and stock your cupboard with some healthy natural treats. When you have a pantry full of good food, you can't balls it up unless you make the choice to take your hand to pick up the shitty food and move that food and put it in your mouth.

I am looking forward to my first beer next week. I think I am going to make it an Emmersons Pilsner. And getting back to some normal eating, the key is going to be, to just introduce a bit of meat and dairy back into the diet gradually. I am looking forward to it. I am unashamedly a carnivore. Another thing I am looking forward to also is my cholesterol test. At the beginning of 2011 it measure in the low 8s and this was concerning. Through exercising regularly I was able to get it down to just under 5 over a period of 6 months. It will be interesting to see the difference. I have lost approximately 3 and a half kg s. and when I can get to exercise a wee bit more than I am  now I expect that to improve too.

Tomorrow is day 14 and I am going to have a wee treat with some poached eggs on mushrooms. In my final post tomorrow I will post some links to some helpful websites, some recipes and also some links to information on some of the super foods that are lurking around, and that I have been trying to eat as much of as I can. Happy Saturday people, hope you get a lie in come the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment