Sunday 17 June 2012

The Daily Lowdown: Whats the programme?

Week 1 is done!!!!! I am pretty wrapped. So, I thought I would share with you today, my typical eating arrangements in a day and let you in on a few tips on how to keep on keeping on when the carbs are calling . Obviously being prepared is a must in sticking to any (eating plan). Like with any plan, and having lists are key as. I bloody love lists, I even make lists of the lists I need to make sometimes... Is that weird?

So it is helpful to note too that I haven't done all of the planning and implementation by myself. In fact, when it comes to eating well, on track record, I am not the bloke that you would aks to help you out getting prepared to 14 day cleanse up a storm. Kauia has done the graft for me. She has put together the plans, researched the rationale, sussed out what has worked for her in the past, provided me with a big heads up as to what I might expect, and been really supportive before and during the first 7 days (and no doubt post cleanse too). I have nothing but gratitude for the effort and care that she has put into getting a plan together, that will work and that suits  a fast approaching 40 year old male, with too much telly time on his hands.

The day starts at about 6ish when the kids get up, and I have a largish glass of warm water, and then crack into smoothie making once the kids breakfast is on the table at around 7. This has been all I need until  about 10 when I will have a snack of maybe an Energy Date ball and a piece of fruit.

My body really knows when it is fast approaching lunch and i generally start clock watching 15 minutes til noon. In the weekends I eat lunch a little later but at work I try to eat at the same time each day. Lunch consists of last nights leftovers (tomorrow it will be Spicy Citrus and broc...).

In the afternoon around 3pm I have a a couple of pieces of fruit and maybe 10 almonds depending upon what is available at home. 3pm is traditionally a tough time of the day for most people as energy levels deplete. I have found that because I have been drinking plenty of water through out the day and having herbal teas at my leisure, I am not getting the same spikes and troughs of food related energy I used to, and that is noticeable after 7 days team. It just needs to continue, and I am sure it will.

Tea time is a treat. and happens around 5:30 which is when we all eat together in our house. The beauty of making tea is that you are fully aware of what is in your lunch box the next day. And that is part of the plan. On day one I had my food already to go sitting in the back fridge. After 4 days I started getting comfy about what I was eating and when and all I do now is that I check at about 5pm to see that I have enough of what I need to take the next day. Easy aye??

Obviously I have omitted all of the head mental stuff that is happening, and all of the 'busy' that is occurring too. Those two factors can completely fark a plan up. So if you are thinking about eating well the best thing you can do is be prepared and be mindful and present to the fact that you are doing something good for your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment