Monday 18 June 2012

Energy Abound!!

No explanation needed here folks. The end of the day used to consist of feeling like I was battling to get shit done, like the dishes at the end of tea, like popping a wee load of washing on, like writing a blog and being ready to go for my two wee boys. I would feel buggered, ready for bed but when I went to bed, I wasn't sleeping well when there was opportunity.

Last night I slept through. I can safely say that the lack of caffeine, will definitely have something to do with it, but I am also confident that with out all of the processed food and crap and daily cookies and chips and coffee and things would definitely, be messing me up, sleep wise and energy wise. So the proof is in the pudding. Better sleep = More energy = Happy.

Today is day three of the raw food phase of the 14 days. I have to say that the Cauliflower cous cous (recipe courtesy of MeghanTelpner.com) was a lot better today after spending a bit of time in the fridge. Mine didn't look anything like the picture but it tasted great and was really refreshing with all of the parsley and basil in it. The other thing I found out too is that you can get cherry tomatoes in a tin. Pams do a 400gm tin in tomato juice and the cherry's are in tact in the tin. It's comparatively cheaper too at $2.30 a pop as opposed to the winter price of a pottle at around 6 bucks at present. The other thing I found out about making this is that we need a proper food processer with an S blade. I cut the cauli by hand and it was a pain in the bum, but worth it later on.

Tomorrow I have the Super Raw Power Salad for Lunch tomorrow and the recipe is below. I love the fresh flavors in this one and the dressing combined with the sweetness of the fruits and beets gets my taste buds absolutely cranking.


 Super Raw Power Salad
1 grated Beet
1 large carrot grated
1/2 zucchini grated
Diced red cabbage
Spinach chopped
Handful soaked dried fruit
1/4 cup soak seeds and almonds (almonds chopped)

Dressing
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Diced 1/2 red onion
1 garlic clove finely chopped
Tsp raw honey
S & P
Sesame seeds

Combine all veg, dress and serve with a generous dollop of nut pulp hummus. 

8 Days done. 6 to go. I am starting to get a little nervous about what will happen post cleanse. I will follow my own advice and get cranking on a plan. After all thats going to help health win.

1 comment: