Wednesday 20 June 2012

Phase Two Complete!!

I have completed the 5 day raw food phase of the 14 day cleanse (4 days to go!!) and celebrated with a little bit of roasted pumpkin and beetroot on top of my Raw Power Salad. It was very yum!! I have run into a bit of a panic this evening though, with the ensuing gig tomorrow with the close of evening rapidly approaching and no idea of the menu for tomorrow.

Throw together salad when your in the poo
As I have been saying all this time is that preparation is key and tonight I have been the very least prepared for tomorrow. Two weeks ago me would have pulled up a chair and had a wee sook about it and feel like a bit of a failure. It was time to think quick.

Briefly surveying the fridge, I spied some leafy greens, peppers, some red onion and silver beet. In the cupboard some seeds and dried fruit, a tin of chick peas and a few spices. Basically I was going to pinch bits and pieces from the recipes I had and make a frankendish.

I have cooked the chickpeas off with a little cumin and chilli and and wilted the silver beet in the pan. I chopped a little dried fruit added some seeds (sunflower and chia) and threw the lot in a wee container. I am going to dress it with a little salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. I am well chuffed with myself, only because my culinary skill is limited to the odd roast, Nacho's and stir frys. Not tonight!! Tomorrows lunch and dinner is sorted!!! and it only took a matter of 20 minutes to throw together. I can honestly say hand on heart I have never eaten this much fruit and veg ever, and I think it is going to be very difficult to go back to my old ways. Time will tell of course. I am going to not worry about that now. What I will do is mindfully enjoy what I have achieved so far and sleep well. Go well..

1 comment: